Friday, November 26, 2010

Who Da F*ck Iz Mr.Fails?!

For starters, I can remember all the emcee names I had in my past travels, the last name i had was "Fu-Zhin"! Then, I remember trying to get this job at this insurance agency my uncle(charles fails jr.) worked at. I walked into the office, and after I said who I was there to see, and I was introduced as his nephew, I was flooded by the OVER-compliments he was getting. "You Mr.Fails nephew?! Man, he's the greatest.!" "Mr.Fails is one of the guys that got me where I'm at now." Mr.Fails this, Mr.Fails that! The respect & admiration he had in that office made me further proud of my family name. So much so, that after meditating on it, I decided to build that same persona as my new & final identity. My ultimate identity, I was born Brandon Fails, and the love and pride that name gives me is the love & pride I will share with the world.

Mr.Fails, the persona, is all of my traits turned all the way up. The collection of all my personalities to it's extremes. Its arrogance,rebellion,wisdom,creativity,good,evil,light,dark,art...it's knowledge, pain,love, average,below average,beyond average all in one. As an acronym Mr.F.A.I.L.S. would be " Mister.Fantastic Aristocrat Infinitely Lyrically Superb." - marinate on that(lol)

I am a writer,poet,d.j.,illustrator,emcee, & philosopher(by definition). Through my group-mates Siks & Agent Smith, I was able to further to my list of talents by learning how to produce. As a producer, I create beats that are often abstract, yet genre-wise identifiable. In an effort to be more original, I developed a style of production that includes verse to verse change-ups. This is where the hook will go a certain way, and every verse would go in different directions. Sometimes it comes out climatic, the rest of the time it comes out as what I consider, AUDIO ART. My approach to beats is the same approach I give to any other art. That approach is free-flowing, organic, and soulful. I have no desire to sound like your or mine own favorite producers,rappers,emcees, etc. Maybe for comedic purposes, but not to base my career off the same blueprint as them. I still believe and live by the classic hip-hop rules that says, "be original! have your own style! be true to self!"  And with that said...That is who da f*ck Mr.Fails is!

No comments:

Post a Comment